Welcome


Feel free to send me your reactions, thoughts, suggestions and questions on my work.

*** Email: KGCottawa@gmail.com

Enjoy,


KGC

Friday 18 March 2011

Sestet

Most poets ignore Sestets (A six-line Poem, often depicting Love/Romance, or a Gothic/Dark work). The exception to this rule would most definitely be those poets who frequently write sonnets (Italian/English/Shakespearean/Spenserian/Modern), who seem to incorporate this style into their larger works,

In following with my general strategy in life, I have chosen to forsake most common rules/protocols, and go in my own direction and just write a sestet with my own rhyming pattern. (Don't forget; I'M RICK JAMES!!!)

I won't break this one down by labelling the rhymes, because there are inter-line patterns, and it would be more confusing than it's worth.


Hope you enjoy.


----------------


I'm looking for you, Sweetheart, I'm needing you right now.
Find me: come fly to me, come save me from this Hell,
It's gotten oh-so dark, and around, me there's no hope of Light.
The end is near, I fear, and I may yet die of Fright.
I need a special someone, and I know that must be You,
Don't ask me how, I just know that it's your image that pulls me Through.

No comments:

Post a Comment