Welcome


Feel free to send me your reactions, thoughts, suggestions and questions on my work.

*** Email: KGCottawa@gmail.com

Enjoy,


KGC

Saturday 4 June 2011

Sleeping Beauty

Insomnia is probably one of the worst things I've ever had to deal with. It ruins entire weeks, drains your energy, causes stress to loved ones and just taints day to day experiences. However, it also provides someone like me with alot of time where everyone else is asleep, leaving the world fairly empty and quiet. I've been able to finish countless papers for school and write a few poems during my sleepless nights.
It also gives you the chance to see others in their most innocent state: asleep.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It gets late one cold night,
So you're here in my bed.
Smiling, I turn off the light.
Careful not to wake you,
I always fear that I might.

I tip-toe in and lay beside you quietly
I hesitate before I kiss you:
You're sleeping so peacefuly.
Dreaming, Of what, I wish I knew.

A delicate smile shapes your lips,
So full and always so soft;
Perfectly parted, awaiting my kiss.
But I dare not intrude;
On a dream that gives you such bliss.
I`m afraid Id feel too rude,
So this chance Ì sadly miss.

"But wait", I muse: I'm Brave, I'm Bold!
I sneak an arm around your shoulder,
Now in my arms, you're mine to hold,
My heart's alone no longer.

In your sleeping ear, an important truth is Told:
"I love you, Dear! I love you!"
And I hope it finds you, and even in your dreams means more to you than Gold.

2 comments:

  1. I see you wrote a poem about me. I approve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Che Guevara had traveled across South America on a motorcycle and wrote about it. There's this line he writes...

    "The stars twinkled merrily as if to answer yes to the answer which rose deep inside me- Is this worth it?"

    Anyway. I enjoy that silence too. We get to a point that our waking moments are just spent looking for validation, a reason for breathing. A pretty girl. A really meaningful job. I hope you're finding that reason.

    ReplyDelete