Welcome


Feel free to send me your reactions, thoughts, suggestions and questions on my work.

*** Email: KGCottawa@gmail.com

Enjoy,


KGC

Wednesday 29 October 2014

On Guard for Thee



I am a serving member of the Governor General's Foot Guards. Throughout my time with this Regiment, I have had the opportunity to take part in many different activities and training. Throughout my time-in so far, I have met some life long friends, and been exposed to amazing people.It is no surprise then, that while in service to their country, some of these amazing friends and CAF Members have been killed in the line of Duty.

The loss of Cpl Nathan Cirillo strikes deeply into the heart of all military servicemen and their families.  By all accounts Corporal Cirillo was truly a shining star among us. I consider myself lucky and honoured to wear the same uniform as him, and hope that those who knew him will continue to honour his memory and carry on his tradition of professionalism and honour. 

I could not sleep the other night, and images of Cpl Cirillo's beaming smile were foremost in my thoughts when I took to writing this poem to ease my mind.

The following poem is dedicated to Corporal Nathan Frank Cirillo, (23 Dec 1989 – 22 Oct 2014)

---- Corporal Kyle Garrett Crego, GGFG----


All see Me here, as I stand ready,
I see you there, my heart beats steady.
Many come, to wish me well,
Against those who come, to bring us hell.

I've come well dressed, to serve you proper,
I've suited up, I stand here somber.

The world is twisted, Yet I stand tall,
Canada will stand, even if I fall.
You may get me, yet I care not,
For more will join, and undo the damage you wrought.

For Canada is Proud, and we do not waiver.                                           
So cower down and hide; it works in our favour.   
Nothing can undo, what our people have built,
In a time not too far, you'll take our sword to the hilt.




No comments:

Post a Comment