Welcome


Feel free to send me your reactions, thoughts, suggestions and questions on my work.

*** Email: KGCottawa@gmail.com

Enjoy,


KGC

Friday 25 February 2011

Betty

I wrote this poem after my Grandmother passed away in June 2008.

'nuff said
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No words can ever express what you mean to me,
or begin to explain the pain inside that's so extreme,
I'll remember you always, and the lessons you taught,
and how you took the blame for trouble, wether it was you or not.

I know you loved me, and I'll never forget,
all the good times we had, and not one I'll regret.
Spilling cans at the store, or breaking windows at home,
all the movies and stories, I'll always have what you've shown.

You've left us now, though I know not by choice,
"I Love you so much" I still hear by your voice.
I'll try to be strong, though I know it's quite tough,
I'll be gentle with Zoe, and play not too rough.

I'll live like you said; one day at a time,
and try to forget your passing, it feels like quite a crime.
For such an adventurous woman, so happy with life,
A loving grandmother and mom, an especially great wife,
You were taken quite soon, and it hurts all the more,
My being's been shaken, right down to my core.

I know this poem is but words, and it won't bring you back,
but I feel like I owe a tribute, and with poems, I've a knack,

So i've written this small piece, hoping to make you proud,
and I love you and love you, and I'll shout it quite loud,

because when it all comes down to it, I've loved you so much,
and on everyone's life, you've had such an amazing and loving touch...

1 comment:

  1. This poem is a beautiful expression of love.

    ReplyDelete