Welcome


Feel free to send me your reactions, thoughts, suggestions and questions on my work.

*** Email: KGCottawa@gmail.com

Enjoy,


KGC

Thursday 24 February 2011

Kid's Book Excerpt

This is one of the poems from the children's book I'm currently working on. The whole storyline looks like a something from a Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (a.k.a.: Lewis Carroll) work, which is not surprising, because if I remember correctly, I had read "Through the Looking Glass" in the week leading up to writing this. And yes, there was some consumption of.... fire-water .... prior to writing this.


Some of the other limericks and poems in the book wouldn't make sense out of context, but I'll do my best to post the ones that are funny even out of the book.

***I am still looking for an Illustrator, for those of you who can draw. (email: KGCottawa@gmail.com)

A beringed hand, as big as a horse,
Came swooping down, on the Boy in Shorts
It knocked him over; he fell to his knees
there were rotten flowers all around, making him sneeze
And then saw the boy, the owner of the hand
Who must have come from a Far-off land
For he had; four noses, three ears and a tail
Seeing this Creature, the Boy let out a wail;
For he had never seen such a scary-looking beast,
And it was hungrily staring at him as if he were a Feast!



KGC

No comments:

Post a Comment